Date: Thursday, February 8, 2018
Time: 12:00 - 14:00
Venue: Manhattan I Tokyo American Club
Mitch Cohen, US Tax Partner, Ernst & Young LLP (New York)
Christine Jones, International Tax Senior Manager - US Tax Desk at EY [SPEAKER UPDATED]
Hosting Committee: Taxation Committee
Member Fee: ¥4,000
Guest Fee: ¥7,400
Sign-up: ACCJ Member Data Center
Registration/Cancellation Deadline: February 2, 2018 12:00 Noon
Some of the notable corporate tax provisions include:
- A reduction in the corporate tax rate from 35% to 21%
- Introduction of a new foreign dividend exemption system
- A transition tax on unremitted foreign earnings
- A new provision targeting Global Intangible Low Taxed Income (“GILTI”)
- A new Base Erosion Anti-abuse Tax (“BEAT”)
- Interest expense deduction limitations; and
- Changes to the Net Operating Loss utilization rules
Please join us for a discussion of how these changes are expected to impact the Japanese business operations of US multinationals.
Brian Douglas, Edwin T. Whatley, Marcus Wong, Co-Chairs
ACCJ Taxation Committee
NOTE 1: Although this presentation is ON THE RECORD, the Q&A session will be OFF THE RECORD.
NOTE 2: If you cancel after the stated deadline, the full meeting fee will be charged to your account. Sorry, no substitutions or walk-ins.
NOTE 3: If you are driving to Tokyo American Club, please inform the ACCJ in advance as arrangements must be made and a 1,700 yen parking fee will apply.