Division: Marketing & Strategy, Fertility Business Unit
The Japan affiliate of the world’s oldest operating chemical and pharmaceutical company (headquarters: Darmstadt, Germany) is looking for one to two bi-lingual interns for the Marketing & Strategy organization of the Fertility franchise. Positions would be based at the Japan HQ in Meguro, Tokyo
- Support for a variety of strategic and program-level marketing activities, including multi-channel marketing (MCM) and closed-loop marketing (CLM) initiatives, as well as product life cycle management (LCM) planning
- Drafting of promotional material content, internal marketing communication, etc.
- Work directly with fertility team members and KOLs on a range of activities including special events, congresses, and key opinion leader engagement
- Exposure to sales, strategic planning, communications, government affairs and other functions
About the Team:
- Merck combines more than 60 -year heritage of fertility expertise and a deep consumer and professional understanding with a visionary commitment to the future of fertility through pioneering innovative science and technologies.
- Merck Serono Co., Ltd. Japan is the only company to offer a full portfolio of both drugs and technologies for the treatment of infertility in Japan.
- Successful applicants will possess native-level Japanese, critical thinking skills, and a broad academic background, including study at a U.S. university. Interns will be welcomed as a full professional member of the fertility marketing team. Interns will experience how a major multinational firm is managed and hone project management and other professional skills, including participating in meetings, preparing presentations, and implementing a variety of strategic and program-level marketing activities.
Compensation: Competitive hourly based on experience and education (JPY 1,500~)
Dates, Days, Time: Business hours are Monday-Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm, with an hour for lunch (7 work hours/day). Occasional overtime may be necessary. With supervisor’s concurrence, interns may work flexible hours.
Location: 1-8-1 Shimomeguro 1-chome, Meguro-ku, Tokyo, JP Closest stations: Meguro
- Native-level Japanese and strong English (Reading/Writing/Speaking)
- Study at a U.S. university (degree program or exchange study)
- PC skills (Excel, PowerPoint, MS word)
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to work in a team
- Interns from any academic discipline are welcome to apply
Merck is a leading science and technology company in healthcare, life science and performance materials. Around 50,000 employees in 67 countries work to further develop technologies that improve and enhance life – from biopharmaceutical therapies to treat cancer or multiple sclerosis, cutting-edge systems for scientific research and production, to liquid crystals for smartphones and LCD televisions.
In 2016, Merck Serono Co, Ltd was honored as a Japan and Asia-Pacific “Top Employer,” recognizing its commitment to a supportive work environment, fair compensation, and diversity.
See: http://www.merckserono.co.jp or http://biopharma.merckgroup.com/
To apply for an internship position at Merck Serono Co., Ltd. Japan, please send an email to Mr. John Carlson at firstname.lastname@example.org