Internship at CarterJMRN K.K.
Market Research and Strategic Marketing Consulting
This fast-paced, international market research consultancy, is looking for one to two bi-lingual summer interns, with ‘research coordination’ positions based out of its head office located in Nogizaka, Tokyo (near Midtown)
- Support projects related to global brand and product development, marketing and Japan consumer trend watching across a variety of categories, including skincare, insurance, food and beverages and travel and entertainment
- Work directly with Project Managers and Coordinators contributing to execution of key research methodologies: secondary research, industry interviews, consumer focus groups and telephone/Internet surveys (with both consumers and business executives)
- Exposure to all aspects of planning, executing and reporting market research in support of developing actionable marketing strategies for Japan
- Summarizing and translation support that contributes to research execution and reporting
- Tabulation and charting of research results; drafting of PowerPoint materials (charts, graphs, etc.)
About the Team:
- Multi-cultural team representing Japan, Australia, the U.S., the U.K., Germany, Italy and Singapore, representing backgrounds in marketing, business, psychology and sociology. We are a close-knit, hands-on team with a fun-loving and supportive environment.
- Successful applicants will possess native-level Japanese, critical thinking skills, and a broad academic background. Interns will be welcomed as full professional members of the Tokyo team. Interns will experience how a marketing services agency operates, and how projects are managed from start to finish, including planning, research execution and preparing for presentations.
Up to 1,500 yen per hour
Dates, Days, Time:
Business hours are Monday-Friday, 10:00 am to 6:00 pm, with one hour for lunch (7 work hours/ day). Occasional evening or weekend work may be necessary in relation to the conduct of consumer focus groups and interviews; when necessary, evening or weekend time worked will be ‘in lieu of’ regular weekday hours worked. With supervisor’s concurrence, interns may work flexible hours, and could be either full- or part-time (minimum part-time work of 2 days/ 15 hrs per week).
Nogizaka, Minato-ku, Tokyo. Closest stations: Nogizaka and Roppongi
- Native-level Japanese and strong English (Reading/ Writing/ Speaking)
- PC skills (Excel, PowerPoint, MS word)
- Energetic and adaptable personality, with ability to work in our fast-paced, team-oriented work environment
- Interns from any academic discipline are welcome to apply
- This internship has the possibility to lead to a full-time job
With offices in Tokyo and Osaka, CarterJMRN K.K. is a full-service Japan based market research agency with a history leading back to 1989. As a fully bicultural agency, we are known for the creativity of our responses to clients' briefs, applying research and related understanding that delivers highly practical, prescriptive and actionable solutions.
To apply for this intern position at CarterJMRN K.K., please send an email and your resume/ CV to Debbie Howard at firstname.lastname@example.org