Level 5 Leadership
Date: Wednesday, July 3, 2019
Time: 6:30–8:00pm (Registration starts at 6:00)
Venue: Eli Lilly Japan Office
Speaker: Patrik Jonsson, President,
Eli Lilly Japan K.K.
Hosting Committee: Kansai Business Programs Committee
Member Fee: ¥2,000
Guest Fee: ¥3,000
Registration: ACCJ Member Data Center (Member) email@example.com (Guest)
Registration/Cancellation Deadline: Wednesday, June 28, 2019
Patrik Jonsson, President of Eli Lilly Japan K.K., will lead a workshop-style presentation based on the concept of Level 5 Leadership, created by Jim Collins, author of the book Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap and Others Don’t.
In this session, you will learn:
- Why humility and will are paradoxical
- How ego prevents Level 5 Leadership
- Tips for making concept reality for yourself and those you lead
Level 5 Leadership impacts:
- Inclusion--by eliminating ego that can dismiss differences
- Acceleration—through trust formed when actions are aligned to the interest of the organization, not the leader
- Innovation—driven by the ferocious will to win by “finding a way”
- Results—delivered by having the humility to face brutal facts and the resolve that maintains a faith to win
Jonsson will offer his reflections on the concept and discuss with the group how we can all inspire to achieve Level 5 Leadership.
About the Speaker
Patrik Jonsson joined Eli Lilly & Company in 1990 and became President and General Manager for Eli Lilly Japan in January 2014. He previously held several positions within Eli Lilly & Co., beginning his career in Sweden as a sales representative. This was followed by several sales and marketing roles in Sweden and the UK before being appointed European Marketing Director for Zyprexa and the Neuroscience Customer Group.
In 2001, Jonsson was promoted to Managing Director Sweden, and then to Managing Director Scandinavia (Sweden, Norway, and Denmark). In 2008, he was named President and General Manager for Eli Lilly Italia, and in 2012—when Lilly in Europe announced a new structure of its European business—he assumed additional responsibilities for the countries in Southeast and Central Europe.
Hidehito Katsuma, Co-Chair
Mie Kitano, Co-Chair
ACCJ Kansai – Business Programs Committee
NOTE 1: Kansai Gold Card applies for this event.
NOTE 2: If you cancel after the stated deadline, the full meeting fee will be charged to your account. Sorry, no substitutions or walk-ins.