Date: Wednesday, November 1, 2017
Time: 12:00 - 14:00
Venue: ACCJ Tokyo Office
1. Tatsu Katayama, Anderson Mori & Tomotsune;
2. A. Reid Monroe-Sheridan, registered foreign lawyer and principal at Monroe-Sheridan Foreign Law Office;
3. Jason Lemann, Norton Rose Fulbright
Hosting Committee: Legal Services
Member Fee: ¥2,500
Guest Fee: ¥3,500
Meal: Lunch included
Registration/Cancellation Deadline: Monday, October 30, 12:00
We are pleased to welcome three distinguished panelists, each with recent experience with the gaiben registration process, to share with us their experiences with the process in an informal panel discussion over lunch:
-Tatsu Katayama, Anderson Mori & Tomotsune, Until recently, Mr. Katayama involved with the administration of the gaiben registration process;
-A. Reid Monroe-Sheridan, registered foreign lawyer and principal at Monroe-Sheridan Foreign Law Office. Mr. Monroe-Sheridan personally went through the gaiben registration process as part of establishing his law firm in Japan.
-Jason Lemann, Norton Rose Fulbright: Mr Lemann recently went through the gaiben registration process as part of his move to Japan.
The event will be held at the ACCJ Boardroom on November 1, 2017, from 12:00.
1. ) Please note that this event is not focused on policy proposals or normative discussions of the gaibenpolicy of Japan, the JFBA or the MOJ, but rather, an opportunity for us all to understand the current state of the process as it exists today and how it is evolving.
2) We welcome members with gaiben registration process experience to attend and share their experiences, and also welcome those contemplating applying for gaiben registration to come and ask questions.
3) Please note that space is limited, as the venue is the ACCJ boardroom, and we are accepting reservations first-come, first-served.
We look forward to seeing you there.
C. Christian Jacobson, Chair
Nels Hansen, Catherine O'Connell, Vice Chairs
ACCJ Legal Services Committee
NOTE 1: This event is OFF THE RECORD.
NOTE 2: If you cancel after the stated deadline, the full meeting fee will be charged to your account. All guests must be accompanied by an ACCJ member. Sorry, no substitutions or walk-ins.